Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunset Park Brooklyn Greenway


Sunset Park Brooklyn Greenway, originally uploaded by veesvision.
Via Flickr:
www.greenway.org/index.shtml
www.nycgovparks.org/facilities/bikeways

I don't know if these two projects are connected. I can only imagine they are but I couldn't find any solid facts saying so. On one of my bike/photo walks, I came across a few of these signs and thought they might be. Anyway, I also thought this was a strange location (62nd street between 6th and 7th ave) where there are a few "sweat shops" (I call them manufacturing warehouses) and recycling centers. The road is industrial and seems a bit dangerous as there are no pedestrians really and more tucks. Not my idea of green or a bike trail but still fascinating! In a time where so many Americans are screaming for manufacturing jobs to come back to the U.S.A. I found 3 manufacturing warehouses on this block.

Here are the other posts about them:
Not a sweatshop 1
Not a sweatshop 2